Putting a stop on a horse

Renee,

I couldn'g have said it better.  I have had the privelege of being around
Ray Hunt a few times.  One time this guy asked Ray what he would do with a
runaway horse.  Ray said he had never been on a horse that could run
faster than he could ride him.  Teach the horse to be supple and giving to
the snaffle at the walk and trot first.  Make sure you can disengage the
hips any time you want.  A horse can not go anywhere without the rear end.
 Training not force is the answer.