Question for the guys

  I've got a question, on my Dad's behalf.  We went on a ride -
loooonnngg slow distance (pre rodeo trail ride practice - 12 miles,
taking 7 hours!).  My Dad had sores on his behind when we were done.
We're wondering about anything and everything that we can do to make that
long of a time in a saddle be more comfortable and not cause soreness.
Anyone have any suggestions??  We're going to ride with Valley Lodge on
the last day of the trail ride through Houston prior to the Houston
Livestock Show & Rodeo on February 9th.

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE TX