<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Starts
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:29:49 GMT 2003
  • - JAdams5334
  • - Susan Garlinghouse

    RE: [RC] Starts - John A. Teeter

    Yikes!! a disagreement:)

    I don't think the AERC Board is necessarily required to take any action with
    respect to the situation. It would be difficult to find a place in the
    bylaws or rules that specify that the Board will act in the manner you
    describe in the situation at hand.

    Additionally, there is no way for a member to force the board to take any
    particular action. I also don't think that the BoD acting as a unit, has any
    particular need to initiate a special P&G gathering of facts for the purpose
    of proceeding with whaterver acts the P&G think are appropriate.

    The way one would initiate the P&G action you describe is for a member (any
    member in good standing, including those pesky day members I think) to,
    within the structure and procedures described in Rule 15, file a protest. At
    that point, all that you describe would happen.

    I don't see the direct need for the BoD to go around existing protest
    procedures.

    I also don't think the broad claim that members of the AERC Board of
    Directors,  by failing to do as you describe, are showing distain for the
    AERC Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations.

    Rather, if they were to followed your suggestion to initiate some action
    with P&G directly,  NOT allowing the normal protest procedures to be used,
    they would be showing a lack of confidence in the very organizational
    structures you mention.