<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] What constitutes a start?
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:29:50 GMT 2003
  • - amber applegate
  • - Truman Prevatt

    RE: [RC] What constitutes a start? - Bob Morris

    Well Truman, I can see Bill's problem with the definition as that word is confusing from childhood on. I mean it is often hard to decide which on the person is any more and I understand that there are more than two now.

    But start does not have that confusion. It is definite from childhood on. The meaning is imbued by parents "right from the start"!

    Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises
    Boise, ID

    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Truman Prevatt
    Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 7:17 PM
    To: Cheryl & Randy Winter
    Cc: Heidi Smith; ride camp; renegade12@xxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] What constitutes a start?

    I don't think there needs to be a rule. Even the president of the United States can have problems with definitions of certain words. Bill Clinton needed the word "sex" defined. I guess some ride managers need the word "start" defined.

    Truman

    Cheryl & Randy Winter wrote:
    If the idea of starting a ride is being abused, I agree <sigh> we need to
    make the rule. Hopefully and IMO this has just been a discussion prompted
    by events that were unclear and there is no problem.
    Randy Winter
    Colorado