<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] A helping leg up into the saddle
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:54 GMT 2003
  • - Chuck and Birgit
  • - Sarah McIntosh

    Re: [RC] A helping leg up into the saddle - Laurie Durgin

    Even though  my boy is small, I still use a mounting block, keeps the saddle on.You could let the stirrup out a couple holes then mount and redo it from the saddle , course is he's like my horse, on means go. . . (working on that). Or do what I do , there are an amazing amount of dips, ditches, humps, rocks and llogs that make great mounting blocks on the trail. At least here in the SE.I am practicing the agility exercises, but its still harder with the extra pounds than when I was a kid, and with a bad ankle, I can't "spring" for a while. I just look for the dip inthe trail. . .

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: TypeF
    Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 8:44 AM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [RC] A helping leg up into the saddle

    Mine hasn't arrived yet, but for those of you who just can't get up in the saddle if you wear a loose girth, this thing looks to die-for! I get up on a mounting block but was wondering how the heck I was gonna get on out on the trail. My saddle is a Thoroughgood Equigel and very squishy and I don't like to ride with a tight girth. I hope it comes today. Can't wait to try it!

    :) Jackie