<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Arabs
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:54 GMT 2003
  • - Merryben
  • - Sue

    RE: [RC] Arabs - Chas & Jude Hall

    Hi Birgit - I always thought that when people said 'You don't HAVE to ride an Arab to do well in endurance', it was in reply to someone who had a horse of a different breed that they just loved and wondered if they could try endurance or needed to get a different horse.  Not that riding Arabs is a 'necessary evil' - :-)

    Jude in Ohio

    ----- Original Message -----
      From: Chuck and Birgit
      To: Karla Watson ;
    ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 6:58 AM
      Subject: Re: [RC] arabs

      I have noticed the same thing- LOTS of Arab-bashing going on.  I am a =
    newbie and I I learned to ride on Arabs so it never occured to me at =
    first that they are any different than other breeds.  I now own a six =
    year old Arab and I kinda like having to be on my toes all the time.  I =
    am never bored riding him, that's for sure!  He never fails to amaze me =
    and I am totally in awe of his intelligence and strength.  So it was =
    really strange to me to hear all these negative things when people talk =
    about Arabs.  I guess each breed is different and therefore different =
    riders prefer different traits.  To each his own, right...  Sometimes I =
    almost feel like I have to defend myself for riding an Arab.  Often I =
    hear, well, you don't HAVE to ride an Arab to do well in endurance...  I =
    got my little guy and then discovered endurance and I just finished my =
    first 50 (it happened to be the Old Dominion 50)on him and he did GREAT, =
    and I was so proud of him!
      So, I guess my point is that you don't have to have an Arabian, but =
    they SURE are fun!

      Birgit

    I saw heaven standing open and there
    before me was a white horse, whose