<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Your Ride History/Pulls
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:28:22 GMT 2003
  • - Barbara McCrary
  • - Lisa Redmond

    Re: [RC] Your Ride History/Pulls - Barbara McCrary

    At last year's mid-year board meeting, I made a motion to list the pull
    codes as follows:
    L = lame, pulled by vet
    M = metabolic, pulled by vet
    OT = overtime
    RO = rider withdrew for personal reasons relating to the rider
    RO-L = rider withdrew the horse because of lameness considerations
    RO-M = rider withdrew the horse because of metabolic considerations

    The last two were additions to the usual ones.  My feeling was that making
    the differentiation between vet disqualification and rider choice would
    relieve the stigma of having the horse DQ'd, show it was the rider's wisdom
    that prompted the withdrawal, and yet give the AERC and the vets the
    information they seek for educational purposes.  The board voted it down.  I
    still think it is a good idea, and it is the system I use on our own ride
    results.

    Barbara