<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Howard vs the Universe
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:27:27 GMT 2003
  • - Milinda Ellis
  • - TddWil

    Re: [RC] Howard vs the Universe - Lori Bertolucci

    Thank You, Mike for saying something about Howards language on ride camp. I have gotten to where I pass over anything he has to say, due to just that. I am mostly a lurker here, but I am far from being ignorant to the issues of this sport. I don't need profanity to put an exclamation point on those issues. If it was anyone else, people would taken exception to taking Howard to task, but you can get away with it, as everyone listens to you.
    Thank you for speaking out.
    Lori B.

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Mike Sofen
    Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 1:12 PM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: [RC] Howard vs the Universe

    Howard,

    Clearly, your world and my world do not intersect on any level.  When I say never - not once - that actually means NEVER.  Do you understand the concept of "never"?  That means, FOR ME, in MY experience, my pulls at a vet check always were a just cause, that NEVER did a vet capriciously pull me.  You just want target to point your finger at when something doesn't go your way.  Your posts are filled with "Why ME?" statements.  I'd say that you might want to start looking internally for a change.

    You are right - horses do not have to be perfect to continue on.  But if they have a flaw that the vet feels will lead to something more significant, then they are going to pull the horse.  As someone who has nearly killed a horse through blind aggressive riding, I'm kind of stunned that you still don't get it.  YOU are responsible for managing your horse, and if vets feel you aren't doing a good job at that, they will pull the horse to protect them from YOU.

    Lastly, why does nearly every post of yours have to include profanity or a mention of sex?  Just in case you've forgotten, there are JUNIORS reading ridecamp.  Time to clean up your act.

    Mike Sofen