<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] OD (Long)
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:27:28 GMT 2003
  • - Jerry & Susan Milam
  • - Tamara Woodcock

    RE: [RC] OD (Long) - Snodgrass, Bonnie

    You know Jim, you just can't please everybody. To be honest, one of the
    reasons for using the team approach was to reduce the  delays caused by
    riders who argue with vets and demand a second and sometimes third opinion.
    And yes, some vets can be intimidated by some competitors. Another factor
    here was time. There were around 100 riders in the 50 plus the 20+ riders in
    the 100 to get thru the process. So running the vet-in process this way kept
    things moving well. Eventually there were two teams doing the trot-outs and
    4 vets doing the hands-on. There is always going to be disagreements of
    course. Ideally the riders know their horses best, but many horses still are
    lame at vet-in. Sometimes it's a suprise to the rider and sometimes not!

    Bonnie Snodgrass
    OD volunteer