<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] West Nile
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:26:53 GMT 2003
  • - Linda B. Merims
  • - Steph Teeter

    Re: [RC] West Nile - Trishmare7

    In a message dated 06/08/2002 8:58:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    cmcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    << Hello:  I'm  someone who just scans Endurance Net archives, and I saw the
     messages concerning West Nile Virus.  None of the details were included,
     however.  Would you mind letting me know what the information was?  I too
     have just given my horses the first shot.
     Thanks, Colleen McGraw
                  Ann Arbor, Mi. >>

    Hi Colleen!  I guess the original post came to me but never made it to
    ridecamp.  After reading it I am undecided as to whether or not to go ahead
    with the second shot.  Seems a waste of money, on top of being (at best)
    ineffective, and (at worst) dangerous.  On the other hand, it seems that if
    there is to be an immune effect at all, it requires the second shot, and now
    that I've already gone ahead with the first ...?  Any comments (especially
    from traditional and holistic practicing vets!) either for or against going
    ahead with the second shot will be greatly appreciated.  BTW, King David (my
    horse) has shown absolutely no ill effects (thus far) from the vaccine, nor
    has the 20 yr. old boarded mare who also received it.  My 30 yr. old gelding
    (Raftige, aka Tash) never gets any vaccines ... hasn't for most of his life,
    except for the occasional tetanus.  I've owned him since he was 3.  He's been
    as healthy as a horse all this time, and still is.
        Anyway, Here is the original post in it's entirety:

    Subj:    West Nile