<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Maybe I am a Dragoness
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:25:36 GMT 2003
  • - Mike Sofen
  • - Rides 2 Far

    Re: [RC] Maybe I am a Dragoness - halterlady

    I totally agree.  I really bothers me when I see young parents riding with their young children & not wearing helmets.  I have said something to a few of them, but they don't seem to hear.  Guess they just think I am a fussy old lady & it could never happen to them.  Never say Never!  I hope it never does, but you never know.  From someone who has been sent to emergency more than once.  I also refused to let them cut off my clothes.

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 4:49 PM
    Subject: Re: [RC] Maybe I am a Dragoness

    In a message dated 5/19/2002 9:58:12 AM Central Daylight Time, Sundaez@xxxxxxx writes:

    Last month I fell off my horse and was knocked out
    briefly (yes I was wearing a helmet).

    This reminds me of something at a ride this weekend.  I was taking start numbers and mentioned to my friend that I noticed one of our riders had gone back to get his helmet.  He is not a junior any more and the rules don't require him to wear it but I jokingly said don't tell him, cause it is a good habit to get into.

    A couple of teenaged girls were standing there and one of them said "helmets are really overrated."  I asked her how many people she knew who had died because they weren't wearing one and she said none.  I told her I knew two and helmets were not overrated.

    Later on a friend of mine told me this..........The only people who need helmets are those who have brains........mb