<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] something for money
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:25:20 GMT 2003
  • - amber applegate
  • - tl.dutton

    Re: [RC] something for money - odd farm

    I assumed that would be a given, especially when I said that "happy hour"  or rider option, and accident pulls didn't count. If we have too many happy hour pulls, then how would the world perceive our sport? As one hellava good time, that's how!

    Another good point someone brought up was how hold times effect how long it takes to finish a ride. Maybe that is something AERC should look into. If you have 12 hours to do a ride, but 3/12 hours hold time, that could make people go much faster than they are ready to just to complete.

    Did anybody read what Cindy Collins said about Hall of Fame inductee Kathy Arnold? She said "What makes her a champion is hard work and horsemanship. It is also determination and consistency. And it's never going to a ride without a horse in top condition for the pace she's going to set and never riding faster than the pace she planned.".
    Yea, That's what I'm talking about.

    Lisa Salas, the Odd Farm
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 11:14 AM
    Subject: Re: [RC] something for money

    Do you honestly think that if a completion rate is low it is because the ride was tough?

    Perhaps we should not use completion rate as a guage.  Many times it is "rider option" as Angie said, she pulled at Biltmore so did a lot of other riders. A better guage, if you must use one,  would be equine pulls- metabolic or otherwise.
    Just trying to clarify,

    Jackie Baker