<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] something for money
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:25:20 GMT 2003
  • - Truman Prevatt
  • - rides2far

    RE: [RC] something for money - Roby, Diane

    I'm new to endurance...having just found it this year and ride a 6 year old Appendix mare that I'm conditioning for my first ride in March of next year.  Why would a rider pull?  I'm thinking the horse feels "off" to the rider but isn't showing overt symptoms?  It's been years since I owned a horse so when can I expect to REALLY know my horse well enough to pull before something bad happens?

    -----Original Message-----
    From: EquesB@xxxxxxx [mailto:EquesB@xxxxxxx]
    Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 10:14 AM
    To: jsalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; RIDECAMP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; hwb67@xxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] something for money

    Do you honestly think that if a completion rate is low it is because the ride was tough?

    Perhaps we should not use completion rate as a guage.  Many times it is "rider option" as Angie said, she pulled at Biltmore so did a lot of other riders. A better guage, if you must use one,  would be equine pulls- metabolic or otherwise.
    Just trying to clarify,

    Jackie Baker