dryspots

I have a question about dryspots,  I was using an aussie saddle that seemed to fit (it had even sweat patterns) until I went on a very long ride that had lots  of hill climbing, after that ride there were dry spots towards the back of the saddle and  my horse was sore in the back.  So I haven't used that saddle since and I let my horse have some time off to recuparate, white hairs have also developed in that spot. Now I went riding in my western saddle that always seemed fine and I got dry spots in the same place as the aussie saddle,  So my question is if I damaged my horses back will I always have dry spots where it was sored originally? Thanks for your help.

Heidi