Fw: Breed bashing? Not.

----- Original Message -----
From: Merrie
To: DAldr94141@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: Breed bashing? Not.

I don't think comments like "arabs are airheaded" and making that generalization the same as if one is describing a problem with their particular horse or making a particular description about their horses disposition. I see that as a big difference- one being along the lines of breed bashing and the other not. I also don't find the former helpful and wonder what purpose it serves. None as far as I can see. It would be similar to saying I don't like your kid , because from my experience all red headed kids are brats, versus I find your kid offensive , because he hits other kids. See the difference.  I am not trying to make any hostile feelings occur nor start flaming. Please don't take it as such. I really enjoy the exchange of information on ridecamp - I really do. I just don't see these kind of comments like I stated above really an informative discussion about other breeds characteristics or traits. Now if there were questions like what are breed characteristics of Morgan's or appy's that would be different. I still don't think the statement like arabs are airheads would be in line, because while that could be a discription of a particular individual that is not true about the entire breed.