trailer loading

I, too, had a horse that would not load.  He loaded to come home for a try
out, but would not load to go home.  I had decided not to purchase him.  I
tried everything to get him in, including putting food in the trailer.  That
was after he flipped himself over backward to avoid loading.  After 3 days
of not eating, I figured out he'd rather starve.

At that point in time, the owner & I negotiated a reasonable price and I
ended up buying him.  A cutting horse trainer lived up the road, so I paid
him a small fee and he would stop by & load him, using a butt rope.  I also
took a class that used the Parelli method of loading.  Between the 2
methods, we're loading now.  Sometimes he even forgets & hops right in!

Don't give up, be patient & try a variety of methods until you find one that
works.  Starving & beating just won't work & it's plain mean!

By the way, I'm really glad I bought him.

Kathy & Taz (Who loads perfectly sometimes)