RE: Mare pins ears

My gelding does the same thing especially when in an enclosed area. He's pretty green and I just chalk it up to a bad attitude when it comes to work and not being in charge. I'm sure he'll change as he learns and matures.

Susan
-----Original Message-----
From: SunsetOvrC@aol.com [mailto:SunsetOvrC@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 8:22 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Mare pins ears

My mare pins her ears whenever I ask her to trot or canter, not only when I use leg aids, but also if I only use a voice cue.  She seems to do it more in the arena than when on trail.  I have just had her teeth floated and changed to a saddle that fits her well.  Her back is no longer sore when I palpate it.  So what is it?  A bad attitude, or memories of pain?  How can I encourage her to stop it?

Pamela