Long Slow Distance

In a message dated 1/5/2002 7:54:01 AM Central Standard Time, happyhoofprints@hotmail.com writes:

OOOppps!  That was directed to Angie and JIM!  Although I bet Howard feels
the same:))

Not if Howard has any brains.  Why don't you guys give up bashing someone you don't know....maryben

I don't think he has that many brain cells left anymore; most of them are buried out there in Colorado behind the Coors brewery.  But I do think he's got enough remaining to know not to go there.  Actually, it's more of a personal thing.

Personal, cause ever since my scare with Dance Line (oh no, not again), I really try not to judge other riders and what they do with their horse.  I'll tell them what stupid things I've done wrong in the sport of endurance and with my horses, but I won't tell them what I think they're doing that might not be the best, for them or their horse.  Frankly, it's not my business, unless someone comes to me for advice (this has yet to happen, lol).

Plus, I don't think I know enough to give out that kind of advice.  And I probably never will.  I'd rather learn from ya'll, anyway.  There's a wealth of knowledge to be learned from attending rides, and even, sometimes, from reading ridecamp.  The main thing one should learn about horses is you should never stop learning.

cya,

Howard  (Jennings is on and I bet I can get Pat to waive the late entry fee if  you want to attend.  Come on down or I just might top ten with so few riders)