Newbie/Mom of Four

Dear Mom of Four,

I had to laugh when I read your post,I only have one and think that's hard!My first suggestion would be to enlist the help of your husband and close relatives.I sat my parents down when I bought my horse and asked for their support-all male relatives know how to change a diaper.Viktor and I started out just riding 5-6 hours a week walking/trotting/alittle canter.
If my son was sick I'd have a good friend (who I paid)ride him for me.Talk to other riders who are placing in your area.
Well,it's been one year since I bought Viktor and he has gone to two beach rides(with a helicopter tailing us at a canter),
a clinic in Ocala,and his first 25 w/good recoveries in very humid conditions.He's learned to camp,go out alone,accept new things.I've learned to camp in a tent,judge my horse's condition,and enjoy his companionship.

And you'll miss your family when you are away-but as my son says when I'm getting mommy moody-"Mom,you just go ride your Viktor!"

Good luck!
Alicia and Viktor(15)