Newbie - Just returning to riding

Good for you!  I started doing endurance a few years ago on a 17 year old
Arabian mare who had done nothing but eat and walk around with my kids on
her!  I also boarded about 15 minutes from my house, but with work & kids,
couldn't ride everyday either!  I also have never had dressage lessons
(would love to someday).

I rode my horse about 8 miles 2X a week after work and did about 10-15 miles
on a Saturday ride.  I conditioned for about 4 months, took a training ride
of about 25 miles 2 weeks before my 1st 30.  We did great.  She just trotted
down the trail (no speed records here).  When we finished she pulsed in at
35!  I did a total of 4 limited distance rides on her where we actually got
8th place in the Twin Oaks ride, which was pretty hilly.

I say go for it.  Take your time for you and your horse!  I just go this
little mare back, she's 21 now & in such good shape, I think I could do a 25
on her tomorrow!

Have fun

Kathy Garner