Re: Re: DVE - Zay and Hawk

I was hoping those words "common sense" would show up and they sure didn't
waste any time!  I agree with you.  Before I had been here for very long, I
didn't know  about these things.  I admit it's easy to get caught up in
speed too early, especially on a young, fresh horse who is eager to get up
and GO.  However, I want to have one of those old horses that's still going
strong!  Malik will be 7 next year and I'm looking forward to simply
completing a lot of 50s on him.  We'd like to do Shore to Shore (my daughter
and a friend may do the 50s) but I am looking at just doing the 25s for this
time around and waiting until he's 8 to do multiday 50s.  He is our buddy
and baby and though he would probably go those 250 miles across the state
because we asked him to, we don't think it's the best thing for him yet.  I
believe when he gets to 8, 9 and 10 he will finally hit his stride (and
maybe I'll hit mine, too! Haha) and we can let him fulfill his potential.
Maggie