Catching up on missed threads(long)

Hi all,

First off a Merry Xmas and a prosperous and happy New Year with many trouble
free miles!!!
Well, I have had a mixed holiday - some riding and training my new young
gelding - loved the posts on slow young horses as that is what I have - can
be very frustrating after a mare that acted like a loony on the trails-
Rasheed also is the laziest horse I know - can't/won't walk fast, slow trot,
not at all competitive and is really hard work,but at two CTR this last year
he reared and engaged reverse gear at starts and walked like a wind-u toy
when in front,so go figure!! He dies when at the back- loses all interest,
but is keen and fast when in front. We are now doing some fartlek training
and it seems too be working!!
My endurance mare finally had a filly - so that was well worth the wait, but
on the negative side my one mare foaled 6 weeks early and the colt never
made it - very depressing as the stallion died in March and I was hoping for
a colt from him(ALL his previous foals are fillies!!) - and it was a
beautiful colt! Vet has no ideas what happened - except that foal was too
young and weak to breathe.
Bought two new colts- one Saddler cross Arab yearling that is wild and
untouchable(hard work there!) and a pure bred 2 year old who is a darling.
Also spent some time trying out some Clicker training(also a new thing-
anything to see other peoples methods and adapt them to my use). Thoroughly
enjoyed reading my first edition of Endurance World and getting to see all
the pics of people I have only heard about- especially loved the AERC
article and reading all the articles by ridecampers.

Regards,
Cindy Budler
Tel : 011 876 1179
Cell : 0824641809
E Mail : cindy.budler@afrox.boc.com

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for
the presence of known computer viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre. However, it is still recommended that you use
local virus scanning software to monitor for the presence of viruses.