Easyboots (& DVE)

>I am wondering if anybody knows how to cut down the heel of an easyboot?

Use a pair of good scissors. That's what works best for me.  Some people
use tin snips, or knives too.  You can cut the back of the boot down all
the way.  Here is the link to my easyboot pages:

http://www.redwrench.com/EZboot/karen/karen.html

This page shows the boots cut down how I use them:

http://www.redwrench.com/EZboot/karen/karen2.html

Another thing you can do that will help, is to wrap around the entire top
of the easyboot sealing it.  That'll reduce it being stepped off too.

I just used four boots for both horses on all 4 days of Death Valley.  They
were foamed on without a heel strap. The horses are sure going nicely in
them that way.  I realized how hard those dang rocks are when jogging and
leading down Darwin grade yesterday.  They were hurting my feet thru my
tennis shoes.

As soon as I get the photos up from DVE, I'll post the link.  Hopefully
tomorrow.  A few of our horses wore party hats again, and we had a great
time.  Calina rode Rocky all four days -- the first junior to ride Rocky in
a ride (and he didn't spook with her once!), and I rode Weav.  They both
finished the entire ride and placed in the top 3 or 4 horses overall
(unless Jackie's results change, that may change a placing or two).  I
doubt either would have made it to lunch the first day if not for easyboots.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV
& Rocky, 4,770 miles