Cold Winter Riding & hard winter day

carla lawson robandcarla@hotmail.com
There is no cut off untill you can no longer feel your feet, toes, nose
and arms..then it is too damn cold.  =o)
Would love to share a story that comes into mind.
One of those Late Winter storms hit in April of 84, we got about 5-6 foot
drifts. Schools were out for two weeks. This happened in North East
Tennessee, I think it was in 84..could be wrong. But I remember Dad had to
take my mare Patches out and we had some bitter winds, He loaded her with
three bales of hay took her about 2 hours and came back, I was itching to
ride because it was so beautiful out. But instead he put three more bales
on her, was gone for 2 more hours. When she came in with him steam and
sweat was pouring off of her. He had taken hay to the neighbors cows, that
couldn't be accessed by the tractor. Four solid hours of going thru
drifts, dad walking the entire time, except when he returned the last time
when he said he couldn't feel his feet. We brought Patches back to the
house where she stayed in the Garage to stay warm. This went on for five
days, until the neighbors could get to thier cows. When I rode in that
field in the future those cows would come running when they saw Patches.
Nah...it aint ever to cold to ride, it just gets colder and slower with
age! XoD
Gotta go feed the horses, They have a new booger in the water tank..Its a
killer red anaconda disguised as a de icer!
Carla (this is funny you gotta see this)
Haley (*gasp* ansata you get it from the back..I will take the front)
Ansata (look its drinking our icewater!)
Rob (oh good grief!)