Re: RC: I'm Buying My First Endurance Horse

Look over both of Nancy Loving's books - the one on endurance and the one on
conformation for performance horses.

One of the biggest things is how well you and the horse get along. You are going
to spend many hours with this horse and you really need to be able to get along.
If you like to go and he is timid, then you'll be frustrated. If he is a hard
charger and you don't want to deal with it you will be frustrated - and so will
he. Personality is important. Also consider his ride. Rough horses are harder to
ride than smooth horses.

IMO the big difference between a 50 miler and a 100 miler is metabolic
soundness. The horses that make good 100 mile prospects are the ones that who's
metabolic systems are superior. This you won't be able to tell until you try.

Truman

--
Vertex Engineering, Inc.
Innovative Solutions