Ariats - They're Not For Riders Anymore!

Just had to comment on the Ariat thread....

I used to work for the law firm that put together Ariat
and enabled them to literally explode onto the market.

Originally.... five years or so ago.... they *were* made for
the horse enthusiast.  The CEO of Ariat came by my desk
(the attorneys couldn't WAIT to spring it on him that one
of the staff was a Ariat-loving equestrian) and I promptly
showed him my mud-covered, well-worn and wholly-loved Ariats.

He laffed heartily and said "hope you like them while
we still make 'em for you."  Somewhat taken aback, I re-read
their prospectus:  Ariat had discovered that riders buy a pair
and hold onto them for years (read:  not the return customers
they were hoping for); but they were now targeting those who
had TONS of spendable money and wanted to look
"Equestrian-y" or "Western-y".

In other words, Ariats were aimed towards those that wanted
to LOOK like equestrians; their main efforts were no longer
for those that actually used their boots for riding!

Very much a shame.  They were onto to something big,
but went the $$$ route.  That's why Norstrom Stanford has
so many pairs (have you *seen* some of those frilly things?),
cuz people that shop there don't blink at $300 for a pair of clogs.

Ugh.  Off to scrape the mud off my 5-year old Ariats.

Jen
The Colt Kindergarten and Obedience School for Equines

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  THIS E-MAIL IS  MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION, AND MAY BE A COMMUNICATION PRIVILEGED BY LAW.  IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION.