RE: It's a Drug???

Rule 13 is very confusing to me and I would like to see it re-written
so that it is in black and white which particular substances are violations.

Like Pro-Burst?  Is that considered "legal" because in my mind it
is pretty much along the lines of APF.  And this whole "endogenous
substance" thing.......  I'M SOOOOOO CONFUSED.........

It seems to me that Rule 13 leaves a whole lot to interpretation.  Maybe
it's deliberately left that way so that each ride vet could interpret
it the way they want.  But that makes a whole lot of unknown for
the endurance competitor.

I agree with you, Truman, that AERC may need to "bite the bullet" and
revisit this issue.   Maybe the veterinary committee needs to decide
that certain substances are okay if they; 1) do no harm and 2) do not
mask any symptoms of any kind of biomechanical or metabolic stress.

And then they should LIST those substances as they develope.

I don't think this issue will go away because more and more substances
are being developed to tempt the endurance competitor.

K.