more ride vets

If we want more ride vets we may need to look to the vet schools and get
those vet students interested while they are in school. The local AAEP
would let you know who the students are who are more interested in equine
practice. We staffed our vet checks almost entirely with vet students at
the Hungry Buzzard last October. Three of those students remain very
interested in endurance vetting after graduation and one of them I am sure
WILL be vetting rides after graduation. Just this past weekend at the
Occonee Ride, we broke in a new Auburn University vet graduate. She's
hooked and is looking to vet more rides. We might even begin giving some
thought to setting up some sort of scholarship program for vet students who
will agree to become part of the "vet pool".