Dogs

I was hoping the Dalmatian thing would not come up, and was very good at keeping
quite.
But I have to chime in.

First off, there no bad dogs - just bad owners.   Every dog breed is super for
the "right person".
No every breed is for everyone.  I have a ton of statistics to toss at you to
slam almost every
dog breed (esp Labs the most inbreed dog there is)  - but there is a dog out
there for everyone.

I have Dals.  And they are perfect for my life.  They are the smartest dog I
have ever meet.  They
both are house dogs and have been for 10 year.  They were very easy to train and
contrary to
popular believe they are not all deaf.  The only way you get a deaf Dal is from
a bad breeder, or
bad lines (like hip displasia in other breeds).

They never tire and they are THE BEST around horses.  But I can also keep them
in my house
for weeks a time with only pee and poo time out :-)

I have had many dogs (Shepherds, Labs, Mix's) and none of those breeds could
keep up with my horse
or my husbands Mt. Biking.  If you are really going to USE you dog then the Dal
is the way to go.
You will not regret it.

But please don't buy any dog, because it is a good idea at the time.  Please
research all breeds and
really take a look at your life and see what really will fit in.

Louisa