swollen joints in foal

Could someone tell me what the name of this is, I can't for
the life of me remember. My friend has a yearling she has
been feeding alot of alfalfa to and now her joints are very
swollen. She has switched to grass hay, but curious as to
other things she might try. MSM/glucosamine, etc. Any
write-ups out there I could print for her?

This filly's dam is pregnant again and due any day. She is
being fed alot (too much in my opinion) alfalfa right now
and would also like to find information on feeding a
broodmare.

thanks in advance!

=====
Heidi-aerc#M20935  /\_/\~