Endurance dogs

Why oh why did I open my big mouth about how superb the working dog breeds were as trail dogs.  I have just returned from the vet.  Saxon, my beautiful, but somewhat dim-witted Shepherd ran "smack bang whallop" into a pole on a trail ride this evening.

No, he wasn't watching where he was going, he was racing the Bouvier on the other side of the fence <sigh>

He is now asleep on my bed, very sore, and very concussed.  A concussed dog, whilst highly amusing, is also rather pitiful to watch.

Tracey