Re: interesting beet pulp info

I kinda stole the info below off another list, BAD GIRL. But I thought it was a great bit of info for fellow beet pulp feeders. (hope I copied it right.) Susan G? Any thoughts?

Jennifer Kurtzhall

Can't tell you much.  This is the first claim I've heard of TMG or DMG having any detoxifying properties.  I've heard plenty of *other* benefits of DMG, some of them pretty wild, most of which have been either disproven in clinical trials, or at best, had ambiguous results (including one study of my own, published about five years ago in JAS).  So the jury's still out, to say the least, and I guess I would want to see some real data before I got too excited.

On the other hand, there are plenty of benefits to beet pulp that have been proven beyond a doubt, all of which are strong argment for its use in some feeding programs.  Whether or not the DMG/TMG angle also applies, hey, great if it does exist, no harm if it doesn't. :-)

Susan G