Re: supplementing biotin

Look through the articles on www.ker.com (Kentucky Equine Research).  Search
under biotin.  I believe there is an article in which they took
data/research from the Spanish Riding School.  I can't quote all the info
but the gist of it was that biotin itself is what strengthens the hoof and
that the added stuff like methionine and zinc (?) or whatever have not been
proven to be beneficial.  Keep in mind that biotin doesn't make hooves grow
faster, just strengthens them and makes them healthier.  The hoof supplement
that we see do a lot of good and that really seems to work is HT 20.  We
feed a supplement manufactured locally with only biotin and our horses'
hooves have never been better.  FWIW...
Maggie