IAHA & distance riding

Here's a quote from Lorry Wagner:

>I went to the Region 2 meeting yesterday and there is a bit of good news
>coming from the recent Board of Directors meeting in Denver for our
>endurance people.  Up until now, IAHA has only sanctioned a National
>Champion ride of 100 miles, eligibility requirements (as I understand
>them) are 300 lifetime miles completed.  It is my understanding that now
>IAHA will also be sponsoring a National Champion ride of 50 miles,
>eligibility requirements are 200 lifetime miles completed.  I don't know
>if this starts in 2001 or 2002, but can certainly find out.

Anyone want to become the squeaky wheel along with me?  Let's get IAHA to
recognize *Arabians as Athletes First!*

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html