doing a ride in warmer climate and question on Arab type

Erica DeVoti ponyexpress@frontier.net
I have two questions that I was hoping someone could help me out on--
1) I am anticipating on trailering to a multiday ride (Renegade in S. NM) but my horse will be quite furry as we live in the Mtns of CO--to those people that have done this before (Steph, I see you have done Renegade and come from Idaho) do you clip for the ride and then blanket when you get back home?  Or have you found leaving your horse "as is" works fine? I am planning on a 50 degree or more difference in day temp. Have you had any problems with competing with such a drastic climate change?  Any advice would be helpful.
2) After perusing the EN and types of Arabs in the standings--what is the difference between, "1/2 Arab", "Grade" and "Anglo-Arab"?  Thanks in advance for your help.