dehydration

Someone was spamming this around recently and I read it.  We already know
that dehydration slows metabolism in endurance horses, but see how it also
adversely affects other bodily functions in people.  I didn't know that if
you can increase hydration, you may be able to decrease joint pain.
_______

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.  (That likely
applies to half the world population.)

In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that
it is often mistaken for hunger.  Even MILD dehydration
will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for
almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U of Washington
study.  Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime
fatigue.  Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses
of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
the computer screen or on a printed page.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop
bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?