Re: "The Bitless Bridle"

>   Just went to the website www.bitlessbridle.com  <snip>
> Has anyone tried this thing?It is NOT a hackamore.I am not an endurance
> rider(you girls are FAST!)and I do like to have some brakes and a slack
rein...

That type of bridle works great on a horse that already has good brakes.  I
am using a similar one out on trails with my ex-racehorse with very good
results.  Mine is from http://www.mossrockendurance.com and it runs about
$75 in Beta biothane.  You can use it just like a bitted bridle - with
contact or with a loose rein.

I tried it on my other horse who is headstrong and bargy and I didn't have
brakes or steering.  He liked it, I didn't.  :-)

Michelle
(Colorado)