Re: RC: Re: grain- too much? not enough? -long

> What about mixing the grain with beetpulp, as I have been doing.  Would
say 4
> pounds of grain mixed with a substantial amount of beetpulp overload the
> digestive system?

That would be fine (and a really good way to "dilute" grain meals), as long
as the beet pulp was sufficient enough that the horse had to nibble at it
for a good hour or two.  Mixing with beet pulp is also a good way to get
vegetable oil into horses and dilute those amounts down as well.

Susan G