Muslim Info on CSPAN

The CSPAN Booknotes show this week has Bernard Lewis as
their guest.  Bernard Lewis is one of the most distinguished
western historians and scholars of the Middle East of this
century.  His books are absolutely standard reading in all
undergraduate Middle Eastern studies curricula.

Booknotes runs on Sunday at 8, but it repeats frequently
throughout the week.  Check:

http://www.booknotes.org/home/index.asp

Alternatively, just read the transcript on the web site.

If you have any interest in listening to a *highly informed*
(as opposed to the usual bunch of babbling idiot pundits)
assessment of the state of relations between the east and the
west and how we got to where we are, catch this show!  It was very,
very good; I'm only sorry it didn't go on for several more hours.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA