I Really Do Like this Guy

I do like our new leader George.  I wasn't very happy last year, when the silver haired generation from my wonderful state got kind of confused and misplaced their votes intended for Al to EL Whacko, Pat Buchanan.  But, as it turns out, someone was looking out for our nation.  Someone knew something bad was going to happen, and decided George was the best man for what was to follow.  And, whether you believe in this sort of thing or not, that someone was right.

Every time I see ole George's face, when he talks about Bin Laden, the terrorists, those evil doers, I know our President is thinking just like most Americans.  He's thinking, "These jerks messed with the wrong people, and we're just going to have to show them their mistake.  We will take no prisoners here.  We will be revenged. We will protect our children, and our children's children, from terrorism, no matter what it takes.  And we won't lose many of our soldiers, sailors, marines or airmen doing this.  We've lost enough folks already."

One of the few good things that came out of Vietnam, is we learned quite a bit about modern warfare.  We learned that American soldiers coming home in body bags is not a pleasant sight.  We learned life is so precious, that we must not allow this kind of thing to happen, ever again.  And we learned that next time, and we knew there would be a next time, we would do it differently.  And we have.  Every action, since Vietnam, has shown that America will not put it's men and women in the Armed Forces in harms way without taking the best possible course of action to protect them.  We don't want to lose any of them; and this is a good thing.  It's the way to think, the way to be.  We've leaned from Vietnam.

I know that, to some, this fight doesn't seem fair.  I mean, these idiots, who still prefer living in the year 200 BC, have decided to take on the Romans of the third millennium.  Our ferocious fighting force is the best the world has ever seen; make no mistake about it.  We've been fighting for our freedom since day one and it looks like we will continue to do so until the end of time.  Darwin was right!  Sometimes natural selection does make it necessary to thin out the herd.  And this is exactly what we are doing.  Men, whose only purpose in life is to kill innocents and then cower and run from those who will fight back, need to be eliminated from the cycle of life.

I remember when it started; how difficult the news people said our task would be.  Those ferocious Taliban fighters and the Al Qaeda monsters would not go down easily.  Haha, what a joke that turned out to be.  Taliban gave up without much of a fight and most of them turned in their turbans, shaved off those nasty beards, switched sides, and decided that those 70 virgins weren't enough of a reason for them to die.  Al Qaeda just ran for the caves where we got a chance to use those really neat new bombs we had just invented; they fly in and burrow into the ground thirty feet before imploding.  And deep down underground, inside that dark, bleak, black hole, they suck out all the oxygen, eliminating any chance of survival to those few still in one piece.

And it's not over yet; this one might not ever end.  But we will keep it under control and I think we have other places to visit.  I wouldn't put Baghdad on my list of places to tour anytime soon.

Every time I see photos of Bin Laden riding a horse, I get violently ill.  Talk about a horse that needs to be rescued.  This man does not deserve a horse unless he's on one under a tree with a rope attached to his neck.  What I would give to be the one who pulls that horse out from underneath him in that scenario.  And, after it was all over, I would take care of Bin Laden's horse for the rest of his life.  This horse is as innocent as those who died on 9/11; horse's know not Evil, even if their owners are.

Freedom is what it's all about.  Americans are so devout to this idea, we do everything we can to tell the rest of the world how awesome it is.  Like an excited missionary, we want everyone to enjoy this religion.  Once you experience true freedom, you will find there is nothing quite like it.  With it, there is nothing you cannot do; without it your only goal should be to obtain it, no matter what the price.

God bless you, Mr. President.  I was wrong about you last year, after the election.  You're the right guy in the right job at the right time.  I love it when you wear your cowboy hat; that says it all.  And God bless TEXAS!

cya,
Howard (Happy New Year everyone)