Re: Merry Christmas Ya'll

Aw Howard we love ya!  And the back of the pack is where the way cool riders are, The Grandma Club, If you are ever out this way we will love to have ya. Come to Renegade! Annie G.
 Anne George Saddlery   www.vtc.net/~ageorge
----- Original Message -----
From: Howard Bramhall
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2001 6:11 PM
Subject: RC: Merry Christmas Ya'll

Merry Christmas Ya'll; I love ya'll even if ya'll don't love me back.  That's OK; most American males my age have learned not to be loved back by now.  What a damn friggen year!  I hope we never top this one.  Till 2001, I always though 1968 was the most awesome, take your breath away, kind of year.  I hope I'm dead by the time the next one rolls around.

I know I'm not worthy to be any kind of spokesperson for them; but, find time to remember our troops this holiday season.  Even though I didn't see much action in my 20 years in the Air Force, I do know how it feels to be away from home this time of year.  Far, far away, in a land that is not America.  And, after awhile, you crave anything American, that's not available where you are.  And trust me, it does get damn lonely sometimes, no matter how many friends you have.

Anyway, I am glad to feel a part of this group that we call endurance riders.  I'm not up there with the front runners (not yet anyway), and I think it's cause I'm too old and too fat and love to ride an non Arab horse, my Saddlebred, Dance Line, who really is quite nuts.  I do feel there is nothing better in life than to spend an weekend, with my horse, with my family, and with you people, at an endurance ride, and I mean that with all my heart.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

yours,

Howard