Re: RC: hoof soreness

In a message dated 12/20/2001 12:50:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, toltallyice@onewest.net writes:

IMO, if you ride your horse 50 or 100 miles whether shod, shod and padded,
shod with hoof boots, barefoot with hoofboots or barefooted.... your horse
IS going to have sore feet!!

This is not true.  If your horse had sore feet at the end of said rides it would be considered not fit to continue.  If this was the case how do you explain horses doing 250+ miles in 5 days?  This last season at the Timeron Ride of 265 miles in five days our horse Rett Butler took a 6th, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, & a 5th.  Rett Butler won overall BC on the 5th day for the 265 mile ride.  He wouldn't have done that with sore feet.
Two-three weeks later Rett Butler took a 14th at the Tevis & was still sound to continue to the VC 100 to take a 9th.  Still no sore feet....we did the Silver State all three days to finish this year off.
Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390