Re: RC: Bare Foot competition

In a message dated 12/20/2001 8:33:51 PM Pacific Standard Time, sisufarm@mmmpcc.org writes:

Because I am from the Midwest where miles is miles, I consider 250 miles in
one year with any combination of endurance, LD and verifiable CTR miles
would be equivalent.

If there is a horse that has done this, we can consider further questions
about speed, rocks, genetic hoof makeup, how exactly to do the trim etc.  If
not I don't consider it worth my time to look into bare foot competition,

Good post Ed.  I asked earlier for anyone who has completed 100 MILES in a season (i.e. 2- 50 milers) barefoot to post that they had done so.  So far,,,,,,no takers.  I did specify that the 100 miles would be "rocky"  miles so Darolyn's don't make the cut.  This whole "barefoot" thing is truly ridiculous.  People keep bragging about how well their horses do barefoot, then at the end of their post they say "my horse has done 2 LDs" (or less).  I'd really like to hear how endurance horses do at ENDURANCE distances.  No info so far, whatsoever.  Anybody?

Sylvia