Re: RC: Re: Barefoot Stats

> > I am guessing that some where along the way shod horses have received
> > a completion and been very sore after.

> Ah....but do you know that "lame" meant it was in the hoof?  There were
> 50+ horses with shoes on that did complete sound.   With one barefooted
> one that  wasn't for one day...  50+ to 1 is not a good comparison.

I think you missed my point Tammy. If we are going to not allow Robyn's
completion to be figured into the overall stats comparing percentages of
horses that finish and horses that *don't* within the two groups.... Then
over the year all horses that are shod who receive a completion but are sore
later should be removed from the statistics also. I don't think we were
talking about the stats from SS alone that I based my comment on, but over
all stats down the road. For the comparison to have any value at all the
same parameters to gather the stats must be used for both groups.

Cheryl, sorry I'm trying to lurk