Re: RC: feeding dry beet pulp?

Just a little personal experiment with beetpulp.  I wanted o know if
beetpulp would help hold sand suspended in water, thinking that if it
did so in a glass jar it might work the same way in the horse.  I put a
pint of water in a clear glass jar, added about 1/2 cup of dry beetpulp,
then about 2 tablespoons of sand.  I shook the jar well.  Within
moments, all of the sand had settled to the bottom of the jar.  I
repeated the shaking of the jar & the sand sank every time.
    Perhaps beetpulp does not move the sand out of the horse.  I'll try
the same thing with bran and with psillium (sp?).
Peggy in Florida (lots of sand here).