ribbons

I believe the red ribbon does not signify that a rider cannot control their horse.  I think the point of a red ribbon or a yellow one for a stallion is to let people know they need to be cautious...if a horse only kicks when it is crowded, that is not the horse's fault...I think they can be disciplined and taught that it is inappropriate.  I also think people should respect the space of ALL other horses, stallions or kickers or not.  I see too many peoplelet their horses be pushy or back into my horse in a threatening way.  A red or yellow ribbon is kind of like defensive driving...you gotta watch out for the other guy!!  :)
Maggie