Barefoot post to ridecamp

Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
REFERENCED POST:
>>Please since you are not a member of ridecamp and are posting as a
guest, pay a little attention to the posts that are telling you most of us
are really tired of the barefoot arguements.  Susan K <<

Welp, I made a donation to Steph because I thought RC to be a useful forum
for us all.  I simply chose not to get the mails or the digests, so I post
as a guest because I can't "reply".  However, I am a paying member (paid
$50 when she started charging).

If you guys don't want to discuss barefoot stuff, then quit attacking
every post that has the word barefoot in it.  Darolyn posted a really nice
note to let everyone know that she was back and recovering well and in the
process answered a question someone posted about riding barefoot.  Then,
the chards went out and everyone starts attacking.  It would have been
much easier just to have ignored it and welcomed her back to the world of
RC.

I haven't posted this much in the past, but I get tired of all the
bashing.  And I REALLY want to hear, still, getting back to the original
topic of "Why would you want to put your horse through that much pain and
time?", how you guys believe that 3/8" of metal around the edge of the
hoof, nailed into the wall which has no feeling, helps a horse to not feel
pain on the rocks.  Nobody has explained that yet or even has a theory or
guess.

Karen