Re: Re: stallions/rope halters

> We ride stallions in Egypt all the time and most of the horses in our
rides
> are usually stallions. Gender has almost nothing to do with behaviour as
far
> as I can see.

Stallions are just "part of the work force" in a great many cultures.  I've
never quite understood either the fear of them or the macho kick that some
people seem to get out of riding them that are so prevalent in our culture.
And those attitudes are often at the root of their misbehavior--if people
treat them like normal horses and expect them to behave accordingly (and
subsequently train them accordingly), that's how they act.

Heidi