Barefoot Stats (to Sylvia)

Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
REFERENCED POST:

That was pretty vague.  Could you try again with actual facts?
Would be much more helpful.  Example:  "80 completions" -- out of how many
starting, what distances?  Which rides these were would also be germaine
to the discussion.  Possibly having someone post who has personally
finished a couple of rocky 50s on a barefoot horse would help substantiate
your claims.   And, remember, we will check on the authenticity of any
such claims.  (Let's not forget Robyn)<<

You can drop the smart attitude.  It is NOT appreciated, nor does it
foster any sort of healthy debate.  I have not been hostile toward you, so
I am confused as to why you are directing such hostility toward me.

I have not updated the statistics in a couple of months, but if you search
the archives, the older ones are out there with  details with the names of
horses, the ride, the completion placement as well as composite
percentages and distances.  I compiled the numbers from the AERC Ride
History site only using horses that I know for sure are barefoot.  There
were other people that I've been notified of since that are running
barefoot, one that completed the Virginia City 100.  I didn't include any
LD riders in those stats.  I will update it again as soon as I have time
to go through all the numbers on the AERC completion statistics.  I don't
recall who cross posted the previously compiled stats.  But, if you search
the archives for something like DBJ Star, you'll probably turn them up.

And, as I said before, you don't just pull shoes and go do this without
some rehabilitation time and conditioning time.  Considering the group
that has been doing this the longest is just now completed the 1 year
mark, it's surprising that the stats are as good as they are.  Believe me,
we'll continue to toot our horn as we get more horses actively competing,
completing and top tenning.  Stay tuned...............

Karen