Re: Paso dress

Jolynn,

I suspect we have a case of mistaken identity here.  Paso Finos do not wing. As a matter of fact. Pasos Finos seem to hardly lift their feet at all.  Paso tack is also typically a dressge saddle or similar.  Peruvian Pasos have termino which could be mistaken for winging.  I do know what you mean about the big chaps, tho.  They are quite the sight.  Thank you for clarifying what you saw.    Dana

  From: "JOLYNN MAYNARD"
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: paso fino dress

I guess I don't really know what that would be. I have seen national
shows on TV, but this guy is our neighbor and he had just come back from
our local parade and he had cowboy hat, vest, and big, bat wing chaps.
The horse was wearing a big saddle, a big man, and the horse was coming at
a full trot with feet winging and this just scared my young horse to
death. The winging feet, flying bat wing chaps coming head on just was
too much.

ddbpaso@yahoo.com